Sunday, August 26, 2012

Decisions Decisions

What color to paint Bella?   Well I know she is going to be red and white.  But what design do I want.  I have looked at soooooooo many vintage travel trailers that I think I might just scream!  I want to paint a red stripe with white polka dots.  I know, sounds crazy but I don't do anything normal.  Although it may just be a plain red stripe since I know I will have to paint all the polka dots.  I was thinking I could make a stencil and spray paint the white dots...or I could just paint them all by hand.  I will be spray painting her entirely since I don't want to pay anyone to do what I can do.  What to do, what to do?  I am making her awning for the front and it will match the red and white polka dot theme.  I have already covered all the cushions and sewn all the curtains.  As soon as I get all the paneling up, I can start painting the inside.  I also have to rebuild the cabinet over the sink and stove.  I reused all the screws and hinges on the cabinets and I have already spray painted them white. 

She is looking so pretty.  I can't wait to post the finished photos!  I have taken out every single screw and replaced them with new ones.  I have put silicone putty around all the trim, windows and door.  Anything that looked like it might leak...I caulked!  New putty under all the trim and windows first and then I caulked.  Hopefully she will not spring a leak anymore.  I have been working on Bella since the end of May off and on according to the weather and more steadily the last 4 weeks with the exception of one week because I was on jury duty.  I think she should be finished within the next 2 weeks just in time for my first craft show.  My list seems to be a mile long still on Bella and then I have my other list for my craft show that is a mile long.  Lord give me strength....

No comments:

Post a Comment